Friday, November 21, 2008

Breaking News: Florida Boy Suicides on Live Webcam

Sometimes we feel so sad that we even consider ending our lives. Almost 5000 young people each year kill themselves aging from 15 to 24, and this death rate for this group of people has tripled since 1960. Young people killing themselves is nothing new to us, but an incidence of this kind really gives a lot of pain thinking how could they even think of dying and throwing off their lives by committing suicidal acts.



A Florida teenager committed suicide before a live webcam audience after posting messages online about his plan to kill himself.He is Abrahan Biggs Jr, a 19 year old boy from Florida.He was blogging between 3 and 4 a.m. on the 19th, Wednesday, at which time he put a link in the blog to a live webcam and posted a suicide note, and then was seen lying down on the bed.



In a body building forum he used the screen name "CandyJunkie" where he wrote, "I hate myself and I hate living."I have let everyone down and I feel as though I will never change or never improve," Biggs wrote in the posting. "I am in love with a girl and I know that I am not good enough for her. I have come to believe that my life has all been meaningless. I keep trying and I keep failing. I have thought about and attempted suicide many times in the past."



Wendy Crane, an investigator with the Broward County medical examiner's office said that other bloggers told that Biggs have threatened to kill himself many times before but have never done it and so when they saw him on the cam unmoving, many of them thought he was faking or joking again and wasn't worried much.But after watching him unmoved for a long time one of the site's visitors called the police, who tracked down the teen through his computer IP address.



His death was ruled a suicide from combined drug toxicity. His system contained the depressant benzodiazepine as well as opiates.

No comments:

Post a Comment