Tuesday, November 24, 2009

'Jon & Kate Plus 8' Officially Over

Monday night, the final episode of "Jon & Kate Plus 8" aired on TLC after five seasons. The final hour featured the Gosselin's eight children touring a fire station with Jon, then visiting a local dairy farm with Kate. The show was once loved by audiences all over the country because of wholesome scenes like these, but in the past year the show gained notoriety for the bitter divorce between Jon and Kate, bringing production to a halt. TLC planned on creating a new show called 'Kate Plus 8,' giving Jon less of the spotlight, but he had a sudden change of heart about having his kids filmed for national television and kept the show from getting off the ground.

The estranged couple were filmed separately, and both aired their opinions about the show's end. Kate claimed, "I feel like it's been taken from us, from me and the kids," and said that she felt the end was "needless. It's useless, it's totally avoidable...This is a very bittersweet goodbye for me because the kids are already missing it," while Jon told the camera, "Our marriage fell apart and I felt like I was free. And I kinda took advantage of it for a while and didn't really think about my actions, obviously, until I started getting paparazzi and written about. But that's maturing. That's growing up."

No comments:

Post a Comment