Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Life as Liz Brings New Taste to MTV



The simplicity of the show makes me wonder why there aren’t more reality shows like it, instead of the glitzed-up, highly manufactured characters that we're seeing today. Don’t get me wrong, everyone enjoys shows like MTV’s Taking the Stage, which center around a couple cream-of-the-crop art students in Cincinnati, Ohio, but normalcy, in today’s pop culture, seems to be looked down upon so much.

The minimalist filming approach to My Life as Liz is exactly what I wanted to watch. According to MTV News, Liz herself confirms the concept for the show has a little bit of everything.
“The show is kinda like Daria meets Juno-without the whole pregnancy factor — meets 'My So Called Life' meets 'Revenge of the Nerds' meets Freaks and Geeks, said Liz. The show is pretty dead-on when it comes to portraying my life accurately. It's pretty on point."
My Life as Liz couldn't have chosen a better time to come out. Although it may not be the next Jersey Shore or Real World, its simplistic characters and heartfelt plots are sure to bring about avid followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment