Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Nicole "Snooki" Pretruzzi Talks about Eating Disorder

Nicole “Snooki” Pretruzzi is best known for her roles on MTV’s hit shows “Jersey Shore” and “Is She Really Going Out with Him”

Snooki opens up about her struggles with her weight that started in high school. She would only eat once a day and she would eat less as time went on. “In high school”, Snooki tells US Magazine, “I really wouldn’t eat. I would only have lunch, and I would only have salads. It got so crazy that I would only eat a cracker or a cucumber a day and I would feel full”.


School staff notified Snooki’s parents about her eating behavior, and her family supported her through a healthy recovery. Under her family’s watchful eye, Snooki made a full recovery, going from 80 pounds, to her goal weight, 98.


On “The Jersey Shore”, Snooki’s weight has been called on numerous accounts. Housemate Mike, “The Situation”, has joked about Snooki’s weight. Snooki’s weight was also the cause of a drunken cat fight between another housemate nicknamed JWOW and another woman at a bar.


Mike apologized to Snooki for his comments about her weight. "I regret saying it because I have a sister and a mother, but at the same time, everything happened so quickly and that is what happened”.


Snooki tells DigitalSpy.com that she has since put her disorder behind her. “Right now I don't care what people think of me. They will say negative stuff and whatever, I'm happy with myself”.

No comments:

Post a Comment