Thursday, May 20, 2010

LeBeouf: Indiana Sequel Criticism feel role and movie was not done properly

PhotobucketPhotobucket


Critics were relatively kind about the Shia LeBeouf �Indiana� sequel performance, but panned the �Kingdom of the Crystal Skull� as a whole. Now, the young Transformers star is talking to the press about his disappointment with the movie, and placing the blame on himself, the movie writers, and director Steven Spielberg. Check out the full story, with pictures and video below!


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Shia talked to reporters at the Cannes international film festival over the weekend. He said that his own performance was questionable at times during the filming.

Specifically, LeBeouf�s �Indiana� sequel performance suffered during the tree-swinging scenes.

�You get to monkey-swinging and things like that and you can blame it on the writer and you can blame it on Steven. The actor�s job is to make it come alive and make it work, and I couldn�t do it. So that�s my fault. Simple.�

He said he even spoke with Harrison Ford, and found that he too was underwhelmed.

�We had major discussions. He wasn�t happy with it either. Look, the movie could have been updated. There was a reason it wasn�t universally accepted.�

Is he worried about mouthing off about a legendary director? Apparently not.

�I�ll probably get a call, but he needs to hear this. I love him,� the young actor said. �He�s done so much great work that there�s no need for him to feel vulnerable about one film. But when you drop the ball, you drop the ball.�

Shia said that his real worry is about his upcoming Wall Street movie.

�I feel like I dropped the ball on the legacy that people loved. If I was going to do it twice, my career was over. So this was fight-or-flight for me.�

He said that clearing the air about the �Crystal Skull� would re-establish his credibility with the audience.

�I think the audience is pretty intelligent. I think they know when you�ve made � . And I think if you don�t acknowledge it, then why do they trust you the next time you�re promoting a movie.�

What did you think of LeBeouf�s �Indiana� sequel performance? Do you like his candid approach to his previous movies? Let me know in the comment section!

Also, check out the pictures and video below!







No comments:

Post a Comment