Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Osama Lookalike in Bollywood Comedy in Tere Bin Laden





Photobucket

Pradhuman Singh, the 27-year-old who plays an Osama lookalike in the recently released Tere Bin Laden, says he felt like a celeb the first time he walked out of the vanity van. �We were shooting in a studio, and the moment I stepped out, heads started turning and then there was pin-drop
silence. The security had to come and take me through the crowd,� he recalls.



Singh was working with a software firm when he got a call from an old buddy, debutant Abhishek Sharma, the director of the film.

�We knew each other from our theatre days, but we hadn�t spoken in years. When he called, I thought he wanted me to assist him. When we met, he said �I want to play you something�, and gave me was an Osama Bin Laden tape!� he informs.

Singh didn�t think he resembled Bin Laden till people started reacting to his look.

�It was as big a shock to me as everyone else. My family and friends knew I was working on a film but had no idea that it had anything to do with Bin Laden. It was only earlier this year that I asked a few close friends to see the promo of the film on YouTube,� he says, and remembers being flooded with calls asking him �Where are you in the film?�, though some recognised him because of his smile.

The actor had to lose a lot of weight for the film. �I was 74 kgs, and now I am 63. I had to hit the gym because they didn�t want an Osama with a paunch. But now I plan to gorge big time to make up for the time I didn�t eat my favourite delicacies. I also learned Arabic for eight months to get my diction right,� he says.

Son of a naval officer, Singh studied at Delhi�s Naval Public School, and then enrolled at the Institute of Hotel Management. He didn�t like it much, so didn�t graduate. �I was working with Wipro when the Osama offer came along,� he says. �I quit my job because I couldn�t sail in two boats.�




No comments:

Post a Comment