Friday, August 20, 2010

Rachel Zoe - Pave Case Bold Link Watch - Fashion Jewelry Product Review

Rachel Zoe 2010
Rachel Zoe Pave Case Bold Link Watch
At first I was going to post about some of the many women celebrities who have jumped onto the popular trend of wearing oversized mens watches, but I�ve decided to make it all about me (and when I say me, I mean you too) and do a product review because I�m also in love with wearing what�s been dubbed �the boyfriend watch� as well. I can�t seem to stop keeping mine out of heavy rotation even though I own well over a half dozen other watches. So what is a boyfriend watch you may ask? Well as I stated earlier, it�s an oversized men�s style watch. It�s supposed to convey a bold look and hang ever so slightly on the wrist. Think about that cozy feeling that you get from sleeping in one of your boyfriend�s tees. That�s exactly it, and it�s super sexy.


MY REVIEW

Anyways, I went on a hunt for an affordable one about three months ago, after leafing through a magazine and seeing a model rocking one in a Cartier ad. I decided to go with Rachel Zoe�s version, because I like her jewelry style. For those of you who don�t know, she�s a fashion stylist to the stars. So I kind of feel like she styled me because I own her watch. She generally wears lots of Chanel jewelryand mixes vintage with new pieces along with her wardrobe. So guess where I wound up ordering my watch from? QVC peoples. Yep, and I like it, I like it a lot. It arrived in four days, nicely boxed up with a five-year warranty included. There are three colors to choose from, gold tone, rose tone, and silver tone. I went with the silver because gold can sometimes be too gaudy and the copper would have been an even riskier move mainly because I didn�t know what to expect with the product. I wasn�t disappointed. The watch doesn�t look cheap at all, not like I only paid $52.00 (80.00 retail value) for it. It�s light-weight and the wristband has polished and matte links, which gives it a really high end feel. It was a little too big, so I had a couple of links removed, and now it sits nicely swayed on my wrist. I also like the watch face, which is exactly what I was looking for. It�s a pretty creamy mother of pearl, and the numbers on it are laid out simply and very easy to read if you need to do a quick time check. The one thing that I did have some concerns about was how the pave' bezel would look. Before it arrived, I just hoped it wouldn�t be too viva Las Vegas glitzy---and it wasn�t. It�s a nice amount of sparkle, and so far I�ve been getting lots of compliments on it. Most people think it�s a really expensive watch. I will say that I have been keeping what I wear with it modest though. Because of all of the bling, I�ve just been wearing studs and my simpler silver pieces. Out of one to five stars I�d definitely rate it a five. It�s a must have in regards to Fall 2010 Style Trends---a fashion jewelry piece that you can put with something more expensive and look fabulous in. oh and I�ve got the copper tone on my wish list radar. Copper jewelry is going to be �the business� come this fall. Just WATCH and see. Pun intended.




Taylor From the Rachel Zoe Show
Oh, and btw (by-the-way), looky-looky at who else was spotted wearing her boyfriend watch on an old episode. Remember Taylor? (Rachel's former assistant) from the Rachel Zoe reality show? I really liked her thorny style, but I think it's just catastrophic that she was (allegedly) caught stealing from her boss Rachel Zoe....On the upside, I do think that Taylor would look great in stripes had she been carted off to jail....What really has me bugging out is how much publicity swagger home-girl has been getting since being booted from the show. The former-fly-Zoe-chick seems to be getting more press than ever.XXVABJWMGCDB

No comments:

Post a Comment