Monday, November 23, 2009

FHL - Adoptee's Worst Nightmare

Matthew Roberts found out he was adopted when he was ten years old. Roberts spent over a decade locating his mother with the help of social services. When she was finally located, his mother informed him that he was once named "Lawrence Alexander". When Roberts inquired about his father, his mother remained mum on the topic. Little did he know that his biological father is Charles Manson, one of the most notorious serial killers of all time.

Charles Manson and his family committed a string of murders in the summer of 1969. He has been incarcerated for the past three decades. It took Roberts five years to drum up the courage to contact Manson. When he finally sent his father letters in prison, Roberts received several responses right away. He cryptically signed off each letter with a swastika. Manson told Roberts: "You got the same father I got. A hobo just left on the midnight train and died, lost at sea."

Robert's mother, Terry, was enamored with Manson's charisma and boarded a bus with Manson and his family. They wound up in San Francisco, where Terry claims Manson raped her during a drug binge. She returned home shortly after and gave birth nine months later on March 22, 1968. Terry gave the child up for adoption.

When Matthew Roberts met his mother, she told him he looked exactly like his father. However, Roberts remains optimistic about the situation. He stated: "I don't even like the fact that I'm big. It makes me even scarier. My hero is Gandhi. I'm an extremely non-violent, peaceful person and a vegetarian. I don't even kill bugs. I've had long hair all my life. I could make it go away, but I can't let the world and their fears change me."



No comments:

Post a Comment