Friday, January 8, 2010

FUSE Sits Down With Adam Lambert!


“Adam Lambert: On The Record with Fuse” Premieres January 11th at 8pm ET


New York, NY (January 6, 2010) – Fuse, Madison Square Garden’s national music television network, gets up close and personal with the former American Idol and headline-maker in “Adam Lambert: On The Record with Fuse.” Premiering on Monday, January 11th at 8pm ET during Fuse Idol All Stars, the program joins a lineup of shows featuring fellow Idol alum including videos from Kelly Clarkson, Chris Daughtry and more. Fuse host Toure’ sits down with Adam Lambert to talk about his latest single, coming out of the closet, and middle school.


The following are selected sound bites from the interview:


On his new album cover:

“People saw that cover and they were like ‘he looks a little feminine to me, I don’t understand.’ I’m like yeah… I had so much airbrushing on that picture on purpose. The hunky dory cover that Bowie did, Boy George and Motley Crue and Prince — like all these artists that did this over the top, lipsticky glammy thing. The minute someone from ‘Idol’ does it, who’s actually gay, it’s like ‘Oh No!’”


On middle school:
“Middle School was kind of an isolated time. I mean the only social outlet I really had was theatre and that was one day a week. I was in a childrens theatre group on Saturdays and that was really my social group. That was the one place where I felt like there were other kids like me.”About coming out of the closet:“It’s funny …This whole thing, talking about coming out. I don’t even think about it anymore until all of this started happening with my career. And it’s interesting now, because I am open and visible. I suppose it is important to talk about it, but the past eight or nine years of my life I haven’t thought twice about it, it’s just who I am.”


On collaborating with Pink:
“Next single we’ve started to promote is ‘"Whattya Want from Me." It was written by Pink and Max Martin who is a huge hit maker and I heard the demo that she recorded and it just broke my heart. The lyrics are just so honest and vulnerable and I think anybody can relate to the message in the song.”


SHOW: Adam Lambert: On The Record with Fuse
Premieres Monday, January 11th at 8pm ET

Encores Tuesday, January 12th at 11pm ET




No comments:

Post a Comment