Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Kim Kardashian defends Turkish Cosmo cover

Kim Kardashian has defended her controversial covershoot for Turkish Cosmopolitan.

The April edition of the magazine caused uproar as the reality star's appearance clashes with Genocide Remembrance Day, an occasion which marks the 1915 killing of thousands of Armenian citizens by Turkish rebels. Kardashian is of Armenian descent through her late father Robert.

"I just found out today that I am on the cover of Cosmopolitan magazine in Turkey this month," she wrote on her blog on Monday. "Cosmopolitan... has a number of international editions all around the world that run in various territories, and when I did this shoot for the international covers I had no idea that Turkey was planning to run my story on their cover this month, considering Genocide Remembrance Day is this month."

However, she went on to insist that the unfortunate situation in no way compromises the pride she has in her background.

"My Armenian heritage means a lot to me and I've been brought up to be incredibly proud of my family's background and culture so as an Armenian-American woman it is a huge honour for me to be on the first ever Armenian Cosmopolitan cover," she wrote.

"I have an amazing relationship with Cosmopolitan magazine. World-over, Cosmo is known as a fun and inspiring magazine for women of all races, shapes, sizes, regardless of their political beliefs and I really hope that if I can bring awareness to the issue, then this is an accomplishment."

Kardashian previously admitted confusion as to why the media is so obsessed with her body.

Her mother Kris Jenner recently spoke out in support of her daughters, insisting that they work hard in their chosen fields.

No comments:

Post a Comment