Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Payal Rohatgi: 'God is sending me to LA'

Payal Rohatgi has said that after recent casting couch and legal controversies with a number of Hindi film directors, she may relocate to the US.

The actor, who was recently seen in Dil Kabaddi opposite Irrfan Khan, responded to some of the rumours about her.

"Well, look, I felt hurt, so I acted in a certain way," she told The Times of India. "But what's really making me angry is how these directors, all men, are saying that I'm nuts, that I'm doing all this for publicity.

"I feel that God has a plan for me. That all this is part of something better that is to come my way. Lots of things are going on in my mind. I'm thinking of running off to LA."

Rohatgi, who made the transition into mainstream Hindi cinema with projects such as Corporate and 36 China Town, has recently appeared in a number of Indian reality TV shows.

The star added that - in spite of speaking out on the casting couch situation with Dibaker Bannerjee - she had received little support from her female contemporaries in Bollywood.

"Actresses in this industry do not talk to one another," she said. "No actress has called me."

No comments:

Post a Comment