Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Taylor Swift: 'I won't undress for career'

Taylor Swift has insisted that she will never undress to advance her career.

In an interview with The Daily Telegraph, the singer revealed that she feels uncomfortable with the industry expectation for female stars to wear revealing clothing during photoshoots and public appearances.

"It's just a life decision. I like wearing pretty dresses and I like trying out new styles, but I don't feel comfortable taking my clothes off," she explained. "I wouldn't wear tiny amounts of clothing in my real life, so I don't think it's necessary to wear that stuff in photoshoots."

She also revealed that she prefers to be personally involved with her internet presences via her website and social networking pages in order to maintain a genuine connection with her fans.

"I spend a bit of time online every day but it's worth it because that's how [the fans and I] keep in touch. And what else am I doing? I'm jet-lagged every single day and awake at 4am," she said.

Swift has credited her fans with allowing her to find success as an artist and said that she "owes everything" to those who support her.

She recently joked that she would consider hairdressing as a job should her music career not pan out.

No comments:

Post a Comment